Leandros Tassiulas, Ph.D., University of Maryland, College Park
His research interests are in the field of computer and communication networks with emphasis on fundamental mathematical models and algorithms of complex networks, architectures and protocols of wireless systems, sensor networks, novel internet architectures and experimental platforms for network research. His most notable contributions include the max-weight scheduling algorithm and the back-pressure network control policy, opportunistic scheduling in wireless, the maximum lifetime approach for wireless network energy management, and the consideration of joint access control and antenna transmission management in multiple antenna wireless systems.
- G. Iosifidis, L. Gao, J. Huang, L. Tassiulas, “A Double Auction Mechanism for Mobile Data Offloading Markets”, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2015.
- I. Koutsopoulos, L. Tassiulas, L. Gkatzikis, “Client-server games and their equilibria in peer-to-peer networks”, in Computer Networks, vol. 67, pp. 201-218, 2014.
- S. Keranidis, D. Giatsios, T. Korakis, I. Koutsopoulos, L. Tassiulas, T. Rakotoarivelo, M. Ott, T. Parmentelat, “Experimentation on end-to-end performance aware algorithms in the federated environment of the heterogeneous PlanetLab and NITOS testbeds” in Computer Networks, vol. 63, pp. 48-67, 2014.
- K. Poularakis, G. Iosifidis, L Tassiulas, “Approximation Algorithms for Mobile Data Caching in Small Cell Networks,” in IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 62, no. 10, pp. 3665-3677, 2014.
- V. Sourlas, L. Gkatzikis, P. Flegkas, L. Tassiulas, “Distributed Cache Management in Information-Centric Networks”, in IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, vol. 10, no 3, pp. 286-299, 2013.
- P. Basaras, D. Katsaros, L. Tassiulas, “Detecting Influential Spreaders in Complex, Dynamic Networks”, IEEE Computer magazine. Vol. 46(4) pp.26-31, 2013.
- S. Gitzenis, G. S. Paschos, L. Tassiulas “Asymptotic Laws for Joint Content Replication and Delivery in Wireless Networks”, in IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 59, No 12, pp. 2760-2776, 2013.
- G. Koutitas, L. Tassiulas, “Periodic flexible demand: Optimization and phase management in the Smart Grid”, in IEEE Trans. on Smart Grids, vol. 4, pp. 1305-1313, 2013.
- M. Gatzianas, L. Georgiadis, L. Tassiulas “Multiuser Broadcast Erasure Channel with Feedback Capacity and Algorithms” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 2014.
- I. Koutsopoulos, L. Tassiulas, “Optimal Control Policies for Power Demand Scheduling in the Smart Grid”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol 30, no. 5, pp. 1049-1060, 2012.
- E. Matskani, N.D. Sidiropoulos, Z.-Q. Luo, L. Tassiulas, “Convex Approximation Techniques for Joint Multiuser Downlink Beamforming and Admission Control”, IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, vol. 7, no. 7, pp 2682-2694 , 2008.
- T. Korakis, G. Jakllari, and L. Tassiulas, “CDR-MAC: A protocol for full exploitation of directional antennas in ad-hoc wireless networks”, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol. 7. No. 2, pp 145-155, Feb. 2008.
- M. Gatzianas, L. Georgiadis and L. Tassiulas “Control of wireless networks with rechargeable batteries” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, pp. 581-593, vol. 9, no. 2, Feb. 2010.